2012 SUMMER DHARMA RETREAT will be hosted by the Yin Shun Foundation at Bodhi Monastery in Lafayette, New Jersey Featuring Dharma talks, meditation sessions, discussion, and liturgy — a balanced blend of the intellectual, contemplative, and emotional sides of the Buddhist path.
English Program: Saturday, June 30 – Tuesday, July 3
Chinese Program: Saturday, June 30 – Friday, July 6
Online Application (English Program) Available from June 1st to June 20th.
Please check in often for updates!
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST APPLY! ONLY REGISTERED RETREATANTS HAVE ACCESS TO THE MONASTERY DURING THE RETREAT
ENGLISH PROGRAM (June 30 – July 03)
CHINESE PROGRAM (June 30 – July 6)
Please go online to review the entire Chinese Program Schedule and the biographies of the speakers. For other information on the Chinese Program of the Dharma Retreat, please go to YIN SHUN FOUNDATION website.
Online Application (June 1st to June 20th):
- If you are signing up for either one of the adult programs, please register online.
- There is a total of 120 spots available for the two adult programs combined.
- Please fill out an application even if you are only attending one or a few days of the retreat. This will help us get an accurate head count for handouts and food preparation.
If you plan on staying at the Monastery during the retreat, we suggest that you apply early since dorm space is limited. General registration for those coming for the entire program and who are staying at the Monastery is on Friday June 29, between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Out-of-state participants can arrive as early as June 30th.
- If you are coming by bus from New York City, take Lakeland Bus (Route 80) at Gate 403, Port Authority Bus Terminal, and get off at the Sparta Police Station.
Upon arrival, call us at 973-940-0473 and someone will pick you up from the bus stop.
- If you need a ride from and/or to the airport, please fly in to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) on June 30 and fly out on July 03 ( English Group) July 06 (Chinese Group).
- Please specify in your application the airline, flight numbers, and arrival/departure time.
- The only pick-up time will be between 2:00PM and 7:00PM on July 1st; the only drop off time will be between 5:00PM and 6:00PM on July 8th.
- For airport pickup, please prepare a sign “Yinshun Foundation” to identify yourself and wait in the baggage area by the outside door.
- DRIVERS NEEDED: If you can provide transportation to and from the airport, please fill out the appropriate boxes on the application.
This retreat is made possible through the sponsorship of the Yin Shun Foundation as well as the generous donations of retreatants, friends and supporters. There is no fee for the course, but we welcome donations to support the continuation of these retreats.
|phone:||(646) 468-8189 (NY)|
|(973) 696-2557 (NJ)|
|(973) 940-0473 (Bodhi Monastery, call 8-11 a.m. or leave message)|
|fax:||(718) 939 – 3469|
*Note: In order to reduce waste, please bring your personal travel mug/closed drinking container.